Monday, February 16, 2009

Death

This is an old one...about one year ago...he was 5 ...
So...We had some friends over for a couple of weeks and he was so happy about it...
One night we read about Earth and Sun...
The fact that the Sun is a star, and all stars die...and when they die, they burn all the planents around them...
-Mom, but when our Sun will die, where will we go??
-Oh...don't worry, our Sun still have a long life, and we will be long dead before that...
-We will die???
-Of course...it takes hundreds of year for our sun.....
-What?? Am I going to die???
-All living things die...and so do mommy and daddy, and finnaly in many, many years...about one hundred you will die...
David begins to cry....
-But I don't want to die....I am afraid to die!!!!!
I am surprised by his reaction and don't know what to say....quickly I find something
-David, first mommy and daddy are going to be old, and we are going to die , then you will be grown up, and you will habe kids, grandkids....grand-grandkids...and after that you might die...
-That's why C. (our guest) is here?? Because you are ging to die, and she will take care of me???

No comments: